The world is changing, and so should your career. Free Birds is a community of freelancing women who are looking to become more abundant, more authentic, more joyful - and free. Through the 6-month online mentorship and community, Free Birds is giving women around the world the knowledge and confidence to run a successful freelance business from home, a coffee shop, or a tiny island far, far away.
Afton is a cultivator of freedom, having worked as a digital freelancer for over a decade. Her mission is to help women from around the world to discover freedom and flexibility in their lives by becoming successful digital freelancers through the Free Birds community and online mentorship. From the stay-at-home mom to the burned out professional, women are waking up to the true potential of building thriving freelance businesses and creating a life by their own design.
Thinking about working from home? Freelancing may be the answer. Here are three steps you should take to transition from your 9-to-5 job to becoming a successful freedom-seeking freelancer.
By 2027, it is estimated that the majority of the US workforce will be freelance. A growing number of companies are seeking freelancers to fill more specific project needs and to reduce overheads. The world is changing, and the 9-to-5 jobs we've known may be retiring along with the baby boomer generation.
In 2009 when the recession hit, Afton left her job (and Canada) to move to Italy with her new husband. When times got tough, she took to the Internet to find work. Little did she know by doing so that she would be able to completely support her family while living the life of her dreams.
1. Freelancers earned an average of between $65-152K in 2018 source
2. Of those who left a traditional job, 2 in 3 say they now make more than ever before (either immediately or within 1 year). source
3. College education is becoming less of a prerequisite for freelancers, with only 56% of people having a college degree source
4. At its current growth rate, the majority of the US workforce will be freelancers by 2027. source
5. Out of those who find work online in digital, 77% of them start a project within one week. source